General Information to the Applicants Applying for Visa to Japan at the Embassy of Japan, Islamabad
Each Visa applicant is required to come in person and prepare original documents as prescribed below:
One application form for each applicant must be filled in properly and signed by the applicant in original. (Visa form is in PDF format and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing/printing it.)
Photograph: One recent and latest photograph of applicant with light background preferably white, having size of 45mm x 45mm.
Click here for Visa Requirements （日本語による必要書類等のご案内はこちら）
Click here for Outline of New Immigration Procedures
- The time to process an application for any kind of visas depends on the applicant’s circumstances. Minimum processing time, it takes at least five (5) business days to a week, if the documentation is in order. There are some cases, however, in which over a few weeks or more are needed. It should be noted that the embassy does not issue any visas on the same day of application.
- Visa application submission timing is 0900-1100 from Monday to Friday except public holidays.
- Passports collection timing is 1430-1530 (During Ramazan:1330-1430) from Monday to Friday except public holidays.
- Residents of Sindh & Baluchistan have to apply for Japanese visa at the Consulate General of Japan, Karachi.
- Should a visa be refused, its reason will never be given. However, a visa application can be submitted again after 6 months after the refusal.
Postal address in Islamabad:
Postal address in Karachi:
Consulate-General of Japan
6/2 Civil Lines,
Abdullah Haroon Road, Karachi